Wiener Eistraum

by - 24.2.08

wiener

12 February 2008

There are two main rinks at the Wiener Eistraum in front of the City Hall (Rathaus). They are on either side of the building were you can read the words 'Wiener' and 'Eistraum.'

The Wiener side is frequented by older skaters and those who have more than basic skills. This rink has been extended to the sides of the park giving the skaters a wider area to skate on. The Eistraum side on the other hand, is for kids who are learning how to skate or how to use the toe pick among others. They are normally accompanied by parents or other older people. Surprisingly, there'd be adults too who would slide down butt-flat on the surface. =)

eistraum

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Superb background... a cathedral?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sidney, this is actually the City Hall of Vienna. The front lot has been renovated into ice skating rinks...on other occasions, a concert area, a fleamarket and more! GOod day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schlittschuhlaufen in solch toller Umgebung. Das würde ich da auch gerne mal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be one of the adults on their butt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky you, our skate ring had to be closed down early due to warm weather.
    have a great sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to also April, too bad I cannot skate and like murphy_jay I'd probably be falling off my butt.lol.

    Thanks Jazzy, its getting warm here too, today is upto 16degs...hope though they don't close it down yet, we would still go when the kids get a one-week vacation. =)

    Have a great week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. its interesting how much it reminds me of the Parliament Building in Budapest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zsolt! Being under an empire there are so many things alike, I had long wanted to visit Budapest, but I'm glad I get to see them in your city blog! Regards to Zannie =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to try ice skating this winter, but didn't get a chance as they tore it down shortly after I came back from Manila.

    Do you skate well, Giselle? :-)

    Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and for leaving your comments. Have a great week ahead!


    joy
    A Pinay In England
    Your Love Coach
    The Goddess In You

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope I do Joy, or I hope I can learn easily as my son did, he was 15 minutes in the ice pushing a penguin figure to help him balance and he learned already after he let go of the penguin.

    Thanks for dropping by too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The place is so perfect... for hang-outs!

    ReplyDelete