Tyrol, Austria, is the home of the luxury brand name for the range of precision-cut lead crystal glass Swarovksi.
Swarovski was patented in 1892 by Daniel Swarovski, himself born into a family of glass cutter Austrian monarchs. It was then known as K.S. &Co.
The crystals range from miniatures to big statues, jewelry, couture, home decor and chandeliers and more.
Originally, the Swarovski logo was an Edelweiss flower. It was in 1988 when it was changed to the Swan.
12 August 07
See more of the world or join...