Belvedere Gardens (series)

by - 6.9.11


I unearthed a 2008 archive folder of the Belvedere Palace which I also featured for a short time that year. I think I wasn't able to show everything that needs to be shown back then. This is the gate that leads to the back of the palace. Two lions guarding a plaque and crown just over the top of the black rails designed intricately. A closer look at the lion will show that it is smiling rather than growling. :D


--
Belvedere Palace
Prinz-Eugen-Straße 27 
1030 Vienna

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. the gate is very tasteful. i like it. i have also dug up some photos from a few years ago that i haven't blogged yet.

    leave me a msg on fb. i check it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice gate, and yeah the lion was smiling hehe. Anyway, following you here sis via GFC as Kat. Hope you could follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gate. It looks intricate... fit for royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love the design of the gate. So intricate, strong and beautiful. Aliw ng lion, naka-smile nga. Maybe he's thinking "Heh, you can't pass this gate!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Who lived in the palace, by the way?
    such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the gate is so nicely done, i love its color, the crown on top + the amusing smiling lions that guard its sides :)

    ReplyDelete