Seeing Greek

by - 28.9.12

umbrella 

Saying goodbye to the summer that was.
--- 
Without batting an eyelash, I’d say with firm conviction that summer is the best season of the year. Who in his right mind wouldn’t like summer? Other than the fact that the sunny weather gives you reason to show some skin, there just seems to be more things you can do during the summer. For a mom like me, summer means school’s out, so I can get to spend more fun times with the kids. 

But, just like all good things, summer has to come to an end. Just like a kid scraping off the remaining peanut butter inside a bottle, so did I savor the final days of summer. As much as I wanted to hold on to the happy memories summer brought me, I knew I had to let go. Those carefree, sunny days were soon becoming a thing of the past. 

 Life is all about living in the moment. This is easier said than done, I know. But if you think about it, that’s all we really have- the present. There’s nothing more useless than regretting something about the past or worrying about the future that has yet to happen. Instead of wasting our energy feeling guilty or fearful, we should just try to just immerse ourselves in the moment, leaving the past behind, and waiting to deal with the future when it finally comes. 

 How do we learn to live in the moment, then? It helps to mindful of the things and people around you. Take in everything that’s there where you’re at: the sound of the falling rain, the booming voice of the next door neighbor, the smell of freshly cut grass…  

Practice makes perfect. Before you know it, living in the moment will come naturally for you.

You May Also Like

1 comments