Vienna Food, iVillage Food

by - 6.4.10


I'm grateful that the kids enjoy Viennese food and other regional delicacies. It would be quite hard for me if they don't...I sometimes have no time to cook in the morning as I go about doing some other stuff. Take today for example. I took the two older kids to school early in the morning. I then bought some snacks from a nearby grocery store because the bigger boy left his at home. *sigh* It took me another 20 minutes to be home, to get my youngest and at the same time get ready for the photoshoot we will be having at their Kindergarten.

When it's finally time to pick up the two, I realized that we don't have cooked food at home. So off we go to the nearest restaurant, each got Wiener schnitzel and pommes frites and a bit of salad on the side.
----
When I run out of ideas about what to cook, I check on the iVillage website and check on what's new or what's easy. Sometimes, when I'm up to it, I'd list down recipes for the whole week that I'd cook. Saves me time, energy and money too! I'd list down the ingredients needed and buy only those, strictly...no money wasted for spontaneous buying!! ;-)

Some of the frequent Austrian dishes I serve would be Rindgulasch (a hotpot made of beef, onions, vegetables, spices and ground paprika powder), Apfelstrudel (apple strudel), Wiener Schnitzel (thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried) and lots of other potato dishes. I forgot to take photos of the restaurant, but would do so next time we're there.

You May Also Like

0 comments